When you talk about the Philippines, the words used to describe this country most of the time is the fact that it boasts of more than 7,000 islands. But there’s more than meets the eye.
It is a paradise for those who enjoy the wonders of nature. Abundant in natural resources on land and teeming with vivid lifeforms underwater, the tropical archipelago is a favorite tourist destination. Locals and foreigners alike never get tired of revisiting the picturesque sceneries that many could only find in the pages of a travel magazine.
If you’re planning to have a wedding setting that’s intimate and romantic (think of the sunset as your backdrop), then the Philippines is definitely a location you should be considering. We’ve made your jobs easier by doing all the necessary research needed to help you pick among these picture-perfect locations to say your “I dos.”
Considered as one of the wedding destination capitals in the Philippines, Tagaytay sets the ultimate romantic atmosphere with its cool breeze all year round (yes, even during summer), lush panoramic views, and magnificent landscapes. Get married by the Taal Lake and see the Taal Volcano in all its glory. There are several locations to choose from such as the Casablanca Private Mansion located right at the center of Tagaytay which offers a magnificent view. Click here to see more choices.
2) BALESIN ISLAND
This members-only, private luxurious paradise has been a favorite of some local celebrities to tie the knot. Balesin Island Club is located off the eastern coast of Luzon and is just a 20-minute plane ride from Manila. They have “villages” complete with villas and amenities patterned after some of the most popular travel destinations such as Bali, Phuket, Mykonos, St. Tropez, Costa del Sol, and Toscana. It feels like you’re transported to several countries at once when you’re only staying in one island. Take your pick from their various wedding packages here.
A venue rich in remnants of history, this is a perfect location if you want to transport yourselves to a timeless era by having a Filipiniana-themed wedding (imagine the fun you’ll all have while doing dramatic poses for photo shoots). Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar is a mix of Spanish and Filipino ambience and is the only heritage resort by sea. Another equally stunning venue is Nuestra Señora del Pilar. Ceremonies are usually held at the Our Lady of the Pillar Parish, while their receptions take place by the courtyard.
4) INTRAMUROSAnother historical venue, Intramuros (Spanish for “within the walls”) is the oldest district and historic core of Manila. The iconic San Agustin Church, the oldest church in the Philippines that was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, is a beautiful venue for your ceremony. Reception can be held at the Casa Manila Patio for a Hispanic feel where its courtyard can accommodate up to 200 guests. While the Baluarte de San Diego, one of the oldest forts in Intramuros (since 1586), is an al fresco garden venue that can also be a serene location for an outdoor wedding.
5) BAGUIOKnown as the “summer capital of the Philippines,” Baguio is a city of pines and cool breeze—a destination ideal for an intimate wedding. Some of the most common venues are The Manor at Camp John Hay and Baguio Country Club. Plus, you can also enjoy a side trip to their most famous tourist spots.
6) DAVAOA first-class city in Mindanao, Davao has so much to offer. Whatever kind of wedding venue you’re aiming for—hotel, beach, venue rental, or garden—this beautiful city has it all. Want one that’s luxurious and classy? Go for Marco Polo Davao. If you prefer a laid-back outdoor wedding that’s near the beach, then Banana Beach at Hijo Resorts could be the place you’re looking for.
7) BATANGASThis is also a favorite of couples who want to profess their love for one another amidst nature. To say Batangas is ravishing is definitely an understatement. You can opt to get married in one of their famous churches such as the Lipa Cathedral, the San Jose Church, the Church of St. Martin De Tours, or the Caleruega Church. For those who prefer open spaces, go for venues like Club Balai Isabel or Club Punta Fuego. But if you’ve always wanted an exotic location with the sunset as a witness to your union, then go for the Meditation Point in Kawayan Cove at Nasugbu.
Up for a tropical wedding? Imagine getting married by the beach in a laid-back, solemn ceremony while everyone is decked out in breezy, casual outfits. The “Philippine’s Last Frontier,” known for its vivid scenery and turquoise waters, Palawan is considered a glorious, unspoilt paradise by many. Just take your pick from famous places like El Nido, Coron, and Puerto Princesa. Plus, you can have your honeymoon here and wake up to sights that you probably could have only imagined. View this wedding package from Club Paradise Palawan, one of their premier locations.
Also known as the “Queen City of the South,” couples can opt for two kinds of weddings here: one held in the city at fancy hotels like Radisson Blu, Marriott, Waterfront, and Marco Polo Plaza among many. Or by pristine beaches such as Malapascua and Bantayan. For fun, you can also serve mangoes (even the dried ones) at your wedding since Cebu is famous for this fruit.
10) BOHOLThis place may be remembered for the tarsiers and Chocolate Hills, but you’re definitely in for more when you visit this gem of a province. Its tranquil vibe will surely set a serene atmosphere for your wedding. Couples can get married at one of their many old churches like Dauis and Baclayon. Want a unique kind of reception? The jovial celebration can be held at the Loboc River Cruise, one of their main tourist attractions, and be serenaded by some of their local singers.
11) CAMIGUIN ISLAND
It may be the smallest province in Northern Mindanao, yet Camiguin has so much to offer. Couples are surely in for a blissful retreat when they visit awe-inspiring landscapes or go for a dip in their hot spring. The White Island is a stretch of paradise where intimate weddings can take place. Paras Beach Resort offers this kind of package. See more details here.
12) BORACAYA famous destination for beach weddings, Boracay boasts of crystal clear waters and powder-fine sand that have been the setting for several beautiful unions. Celebrities have flocked here for their special day, and there are definitely going to be more. There are countless of venues to choose from that offer specially arranged wedding packages.Need the help of a Boracay wedding event coordinator? Contact Boracay Weddings by Amanda Tirol here.
13) PUERTO GALERA
Spanish for “port of the galleons,” this is one of the country’s top dive destinations. Its astounding beauty of vast blue waters and lush mountains make Puerto Galera one of the most breathtaking and developed beach resort communities in the Philippines. Some of the places that offer wedding packages are The Manor and Coco Beach Island Resort.
14) LA MESA ECO PARK
Situated in Quezon City, the La Mesa Eco Park is a nature lover’s sanctuary. It was established to save the La Mesa Watershed Project, which is a major source of potable water for residents in Metro Manila. A 33-hectare public park, it can accommodate up to 250 guests with different reception areas to choose from.
15) THE MANGO FARM
Are you going for a rustic theme? Inspired by backyard weddings? You might want to consider going for The Mango Farm in Antipolo City. A 2.5-hectare property with several mango trees in the area, its relaxing atmosphere sets everyone in an intimate and serene mood. The place is even more magical at night as trees are brought to life with several capiz drop lights.
Image credits: Wedding in the Sky, Hoppler, Redfox Photography, Bryan Venancio, Balesin, Bride and Breakfast, Snaps n Stories, Intramuros Plaza San Luis Complex, Inquirer Global Nation, Camp John Hay, Ryan Ortega, Wikipedia, Banana Beach Davao, Kent Lazarraga, Booking, MangoRed, Tagaytay Wedding Cafe, Palawan Island, Cookie Media Palawan, Club Paradise Palawan, Philippine Wedding Scenes, Robo Formacion, Cebuano Post, , Rock Paper Scissors Photography, Events Events, Paras Beach Resort, The Creative Stills, Jefftalita, Owen and Nikka, Blue Ribbon Divers, Puerto Galera Online, Trip Advisor, Viggatin Tourism, Nice Print, Buddy PH, Manny and April Photography, The Mango Farm, Blissful Weddings Philippines